UNV 104 Week 4 Assignment, First Draft Expository Essay
Now that you have written the outline for your essay, it is time to write the first draft. Please access your resources through the resources tab, and then course materials. These resources can be found under “other.”
- Review the attached “Writing a Five-Paragraph Essay” resource to help guide you through the structure of a five-paragraph essay.
- Review-the media piece The Writing Process to help you prepare your first draft.
- Review your outline feedback from your instructor to help you prepare your first draft.
- Write the first draft of your five-paragraph expository essay, which should be 750-1,000 words.
- Review the First Draft Rubric to help you make sure all elements are present in your essay.
- Review the attached “Essay Checklist” to help you review and make sure your essay includes the following:
- An introductory paragraph with a thesis statement.
- Three body or supporting paragraphs.
- A concluding paragraph.
UNV 104 Week 4 Topic 4 Discussion 1
Read the plagiarism article, Times Reporter who Resigned Leaves Long Trail of Deception and then view the video on Jaysen Blair to prepare you to respond to the discussion question. Use your own words to synthesize information from all three resources to determine some implications of ……of plagiarism in the professional world or in your chosen career. Within this paragraph, be sure to paraphrase a supporting statement from at least two of the sources and include their appropriate in-text citations
UNV 104 Week 4 Topic 4 Discussion 2
When someone’s writing is not focused, clear, and precise the message is often lost or confusing. To succeed in today’s competitive, professional world you must be able to communicate effectively; especially through writing. Describe a situation (real or fictional) where not having a focused message in your writing could lead to a problem or poor outcome. Describe how you can use the writing process to ensure your writing is ….and effective.