SOCS 350 Week 6 Quiz
- (TCOs 6, 7) Why is the following statement false? You can easily figure out how to communicate with your coworkers as long as you know their ethnicity.
- (TCOs 6, 7) Millennial workers (1980–2000) tend to be motivated by
- (TCOs 6, 7) The term white privilege means that
- (TCOs 4, 7) Something that can generate ethnocentric responses or defensive reactions, such as voice, appearance, attitude, or behavior, is called _________.
- (TCOs 4, 7) Time and manners are examples of this type of trigger:
- (TCO 8) The social position in life that comes as a result of behavior or things that happen over which one has no control (race, gender, and so on) is called _____.
- (TCOs 4, 5, 7) What organizational strategies can be put in place to demonstrate that diversity is valued and to promote a culture of nondiscrimination? Discuss two specific ways in which organizations can accomplish these goals.
- (TCO 8) From the reading in Chapter 14, briefly describe general racial disparities and inequities that exist in the workplace, education, and justice system. How can these disparities be removed?