SOCS 325 Midterm Exam 2017
- (TCO 1) Climatologists continue to debate global warming. Which of the following is NOT an argument against the global warming hypothesis socs 325 midterm exam ?
- (TCO 2) The Conservation Reserve Program was funded in the United States to conserve which of the following precious resources?
- (TCO 3) Environmental goods and environmental bads are:
- (TCO 4) All of the following are elements of rational choice theory EXCEPT:
- (TCO 5) Of the many techniques advertisers use to persuade customers to purchase goods, which is the most effective?
- (TCO 6) According to your text, what percent of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions come from automobiles? :
- (TCO 7) What is the best contraceptive, according to the slogan of the 1974 World Population Conference in Bucharest?
- (TCO 7) Which of the following does Sen claim will NOT insure food availability?
- (TCO 3) What percentage of the world’s original forests remain?
- (TCO 5) What is the average number of traffic deaths each year in the U.S.?
- (TCO 1) Define environmental sociology and what environmental sociologists study. If you were an environmental sociologist, explain your daily day. Compare and contrast how environmental sociologists differ from other types of sociologists.
- (TCO 2) Describe the environments impact on race, poverty, and disempowerment. Explain how this impacts human inequality and how it creates a community of haves and have nots. Compare and contrast some ways you would solve some of these issues of inequality.
- (TCO 4)Describe how consumption and materialism impact the physical environment? Give a few examples. Can our society continue to practice materialism and at the same time still become more sustainable? What are some things we overconsume?
- (TCO 6)Describe green technology’s impact on the global economy and environment. How is green technology being used worldwide in our society? Compare and contrast the pros and cons of green technology.
- (TCO 7)Describe in detail our population’s impact on the environment. Provide a few detailed examples. Also, compare and contrast population rates in different parts of the world. Which areas are increasing more than others, and why? Do you think the human population will continue to always increase?