SEC 405 Week 8 Case Study 2 U.S. Versus AOL
Review the case titled: “U.S. v. AOL” found in chapter thirteen (13) of the textbook. Then, read the article titled “A Jury Without Peer” dated November 8, 2007 found on the Law.com Website located at http://www.law.com/jsp/PubArticle.jsp?id=1194429840779.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- Interpret how you believe a computer was used to commit the crimes they were being accused of.
- Suggest at least two (2) examples of certified professionals that could have been used for this case and the influence they would have provided for the prosecutions testimony.
- Determine the type of computer forensic skills and procedures or tools that …..to extract and preserve the data sec 405 week 8
- Determine the documentation procedures that …..to document the evidence , and argue whether this would have changed the outcome of the trial.
Research the Internet and other media sources for cases that lost due to not having accurate or sufficient digital evidence.
- Compare and contrast the various circumstances that were available in each case sec 405 week 8
SEC 405 Week 8 Discussion 1: “IT Security Certifications”
- From the first e-Activity, describe two IT certifications that may be …..when selecting an expert for an expert witness opinion. Research and provide details on the hourly estimates for using these types of professional witnesses. Then, discuss the typical background of these professionals.
- Give an example of how a certified IT security professional can add credibility to the trial of a computer crime case. Support your example with at least one creditable source that demonstrates how a certified IT security professional can be of value.
SEC 405 Week 8 Discussion 2: “Guidelines for Disposition and Trials”
- From the second e-Activity, summarize at least three suggestions that …..when testifying for dispositions and trials. Illustrate how these suggestions can help in the success of the case.