SEC 405 Week 3 Case Study 1 Keylogger Scam
Read the article titled: “Police Foil $420 Million Keylogger Scam” found on the eWeek.com Website located at http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Police-Foil-420-Million-Keylogger-Scam/
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- Give an example of the measures, you believe, the government or society can implement to deter these types of crimes.
- Using the categories presented in chapter two (2) of the textbook. Categorize the type of modern attack(s) or computer crime(s) that were committed in this case.
- Identify the technologies that exist to deter or reduce the threat of these types of computer crimes, and determine the effectiveness of these technologies to deter this specific crime.
- Summarize similar success stories by similar government agencies within the U.S. And include the criminals that were caught, the agencies (if any) that were involved, and the sanctions or charges the criminals faced.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
SEC 405 Week 3 Discussion 1, Computer Laws
- Describe the various levels of penalties that someone can face for breaking the following laws including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the Florida Criminal Use of Personal Identification Information. Compare and contrast the penalty levels faced by each law.
- Explain whether you believe the laws mentioned previously are clear and specific and whether the punishment levels are appropriate for individuals that break the law. Suggest a recommendation on how the law can be …..to deter this criminal activity.
SEC 405 Week 3 Discussion 2, State Computer Crime Laws and Agencies
- From the e-Activity, list the agencies that enforce the computer crime laws for your state. Describe the process for reporting a computer crime and the resources available to assist victims of computer crime in your state.
- Imagine you are responsible for establishing an additional computer law for your state. Suggest a law in which your state does not already enforce. Explain why you would implement this in your particular state. The law must be an existing U.S. computer law.