SEC 405 Week 2 Assignment 1, Professional Development Seminar
You have been selected to be a speaker at a University Professional Development Seminar. The topic of discussion is “How to protect yourself from computer crimes”.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
Select a computer crime of your choice for your speech at the Seminar. Imagine you have been …..to address the following items listed below. Remember that your textbook has several crimes listed in chapter one.
- Explain how the selected computer crime victimizes someone.
- Evaluate how vulnerable or susceptible society is today, with respect to this computer crime.
Research the Internet for a news article that discusses how this type of computer crime is …….by law enforcement or the criminal justice system. Select one article to answer the following:
- Explain whether you agree or disagree with the way the …..computer crime in your …..article is being addressed.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
SEC 405 Week 2 Discussion 1, Significant Historical Computer Crimes
- From the e-Activity, identify details on how the researched crimes developed throughout time. Also, identify the methods or technologies that ……place to control and prevent these specific computer crimes.
- Determine if these historical crimes have changed the culture or ethics associated with computers and information management. Explain the effectiveness of existing computer crime detection methods and technologies.
SEC 405 Week 2 Discussion 2, “Social Engineering”
- Create a fictitious scenario in which someone uses social engineering and obtains key confidential information pertaining to a corporation. Describe steps that an organization can act upon in order to minimize this threat.
- Give your opinion as to whether you feel educating users and corporate personnel are essential to minimizing information losses or breaches of information security with respect to social engineering.