QRB 501 Week 1 Fundamental Quantitative Concepts Exercises
- A scale drawing of an office building is not labeled, but indicates 0.25 inch = 5 feet. On the drawing, one wall measures 2 inches. How long is the actual wall?
- Marcus James purchased 2,500 pounds of produce. Records indicate he purchased 800 pounds of potatoes, 150 pounds of broccoli, and 390 pounds of tomatoes. He also purchased apples. How many pounds of apples did he purchase?
- The formula for the installment price of an item purchased with ﬁnancing is Installment price = Total of installment payments + Down payment. The formula can be written in symbols as I = T + D.
- Wallpaper costs $12.97 per roll and a kitchen requires 9 rolls. What is the cost of the wallpaper needed to paper the kitchen?
- Wilson’s Auto, Inc., has 37 employees and a weekly payroll of $10,878. If each employee makes the same amount, how much does each make?
- Jacob Kennedy borrowed $30,000 to start up his consulting business. The loan had a simple interest rate of 6.2% for 3 years. Use the formula I = PRT to ﬁnd the amount of interest he will pay on the loan. I = interest; P = principal; R = rate (expressed as a decimal 0.062); T = time in years
- A car odometer increased from 37,580.3 to 42,719.6. What was the increase?
- A number decreased from 486 to 104. Find the amount of decrease.
- A number increased from 224 to 336. Find the percent of increase.
- A number decreased from 250 to 195. Find the rate of decrease.
qrb 501 week 1