PSYC 304 Week 3 Quiz Answers – American Public
- “Viewpoint invariance” means
- Gestalt laws are more accurately described as heuristics because they
- is the proposed reason why VI neurons can make figure-ground discriminations.
- When Palmer (1975) showed observers a kitchen scene and then a target picture, which picture was identified correctly 80% of the time?
- The relationship between environmental regularities, physiology, and perception is most likely established by
- A cell in area VI of a monkey is shown to fire when a vertical bar is presented. When bars of random orientation are added around the vertical bar, the firing rate of the cell ; when bars of some of the surrounding bars are changed to a vertical orientation, the firing rate of the cell .
- Perceiving the emotional aspects of a face are reflected by activation in the brain structure called
- One aspect of the visual system that helps us achieve selective attention is
- “Learning from past experience” as a factor involved in attention was demonstrated by Shinoda et al. (2001), who showed that drivers are more likely to detect stop signs when they were positioned at
- The incidence of change blindness when a cue is added to the scene that indicates which part of the scene has changed.
- People tend to fixate on high contrast and brightly colored objects in a visual scene. This is called and is a process.
- The is activated in observers without brain damage when performing conjunction visual searches.
- According to Treisman, focused attention binds the information from the and the .
- The spreading enhancement e?ect of attention can help us perceive
- One reason humans can function without being able to detect every detail of a visual scene is