PSY 357 Topic 4 Observation Activity 1 – Katherine Gallegos Elementary
PSY 357 Topic 4 Observation Activity: For this assignment you will complete a 30 minute observation of a developmental group (Topics 1-3) we have studied thus far. Please make sure you are familiar with the developmental period that you will be observing before your observation.
The setting of the observation should be a structured (daycare, school, etc.) setting, if you cannot find a structured setting. Remember in choosing a structured setting, you must obtain permission first and make formal arrangements to visit. During your visit, fill out the following information.
- Name of Location
- Age of the Individual Observed
- Other individuals who will have interactions with the observed (teachers, parents, caregivers)
- Developmental period of observed
- Interactions observed (both positive and negative)
- Cognitive Characteristics
- Physical Characteristics
- Emotional Characteristics
- Social Characteristics
- Summary of what was observed