POLI 3330N Week 3 Quiz 1 – Question and Answers
- (TCO 2) Hereditary rule by one person is known as _____.
- (TCO 2) According to Aristotle, democracy is the _____ form of government by _____.
- (TCO 2) The idea that American states serve as “laboratories of democracy” is an advantage of _____ systems of government.
- (TCO 2) Electoral systems that elect one person per district are known as _____.
- (TCO 2) Why are coalitions among parties seldom necessary in the United States?
- (TCO 2) In a _____ system, the government owns little or no industry and redistributes little in welfare programs.
- (TCO 2) Judicial activism refers to _____.
- (TCO 2) Though rare, a “true” democracy, is a system in which _____.
- (TCO 2) _____ states regularly use organized terror and violence against their citizens to maintain control and achieve their goals.
- (TCO 2) Describe the purpose of total control as relates to the image of the state.