NURS 6541 Week 2 Quiz – Question and Answers
- A mother of a 6-month-old asks you about normal sleep patterns for an infant this age. The best response is:
- The parent of a 2-year-old tells you her daughter recently started having breath-holding spells. She tells you the older sibling “did the same thing” and asks you for help. You advise her that after a breath-holding event:
- Which of the following represents normal sequencing of development in a toddler?
- You see a 6-month-old who is fussy, has interrupted sleep, and is drooling. You note large lower lateral incisor bulges.
- A 19-month-old says “mama” and “dada,” points and gestures if he wants things, and follows simple one-step commands. Your best response is which of the following?
- You receive a phone call from the mother of a 2-year-old. She states her child has sleep refusal. You suggest the child should be able to:
- You see a 4-year-old for a well-child visit. He has received four diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis vaccines (DTaP); three injected polio vaccines (IPV); one measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR); one varicella vaccine; and two hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccines. What do you order today?
- A common feature of 2-year-old behavior is:
- You see a healthy 18-month-old for a well-child visit. At the 12-month visit he received the diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis (DTaP) third dose; hepatitis B second dose; measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) first dose; injected poliovirus (IPV) second dose; pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13) fourth dose; and Haemophilusinfluenzae type B (Hib) fourth dose. Which of the following do you order today? nurs 6541 week 2 quiz
- You see a young child who has tripled her birth weight and looks for hidden objects. When given blocks, she places one in each hand. She has a fine pincer grasp. On the floor, she walks around holding objects and is trying to take independent steps. This child is most likely how old?