NUR 502 Week 7 CLC Assignment, Grand Nursing Theorist Assignment: Grand Theorist Report
This is a Collaborative Learning Community assignment. In your group, write a report on the chosen theorist/theory that includes the following:
- Introduction: Identify the theorist and rationale for the selection.
- Describe the theorist (short biography and major influences on the theorist).
- Indicate the category under which the theorist falls (can use McEwen & Wills classification or other source).
- Incorporate assumptions underlying the theory (including how metaparadigm concepts are defined).
- Include major concepts of the theory.
- Include major propositions of the theory.
- Provide examples from the literature of how the theory has been used.
- Describe how the theory will be integrated into practice at your institution (or how it will be used as a foundation, framework, etc.). This is an action plan.
- Give concrete examples of how theory would be …..(e.g., assessment guide) and what patient outcomes could be …..as a result of implementing the theory.
- Conclusion: Contrast present practice with what would take place if the theory were guiding the practice.
NUR 502 Topic 7 Discussion Question 1
The influence of consequential ethics as an ethical framework (the greatest good for the greatest number) opposes the ethical principle of deontology (i.e., the rightness of an act itself determines what is right). Both of these impact the nursing profession. Modern social exchange theories are based on the principle of utility. Read the assumptions of social exchange theory and consider how these would affect the nurse-patient relationship, compared to how these impact the nurse within the health care environment. To what extent are all theories ethical? Is social exchange theory compatible with the values of the nursing profession?
NUR 502 Topic 7 Discussion Question 2
Which among the learning theories provided you with new information? How would you apply this in your practice?
nur 502 week 7