NSG 6001 Week 4 Knowledge Check
- An older male patient reports urinary frequency, back pain and nocturia. A dipstick urinalysis reveals hematuria. What will the provider do next to evaluate this condition?
- A 30 year old male patient has a positive leukocyte esterase and nitrates on a random urine dipstick during a well patient exam. What type of urinary tract infection does this represent?
- A high school athlete is ….to the emergency department after collapsing during outdoor practice on a hot day. The patient is weak, irritable and confused. Serum sodium is 152 mEq/L and has dry mucous membranes and tachycardia. What is the initial approach to rehydration in this patient? nsg 6001 week 4 quiz
- What is an important purpose of conducting an interview prior to beginning neuropsychological testing on an older adult ….of having dementia?
- A patient reports recurrent headaches occurring 1 or 2 times per month that generally occur with weather changes or when sleep patterns are disrupted and describes them as severe, with throbbing on one side of the head and sometimes accompanied by nausea. What is the recommended treatment for this type of headache?