NSG 5003 Week 7 Knowledge Check Quiz: Advanced Pathophysiology: South University
- In the digestive system, the stomach is stimulated by eating to produce large volumes of gastric secretions. The secretion that is responsible for converting pepsinogen to pepsin and acts as a bactericide against swallowed organisms is:
- The enteric nervous system regulates intestinal motility. Of the two movements that promote motility, the one that occurs more frequently is:
- A 31-year-old woman visits a gastroenterologist’s office with complaints of diarrhea.The stool is bloody with mucous. Although the sample will be ….to a laboratory for analysis, the gastroenterologist suggests an endoscopy and histologic studies of biopsied tissue. She discusses the possible diagnoses, among them Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis. The type of diarrhea caused by See the (expanded ) discussion grading rubric below the table.an inflammatory disorder of the intestine is:
- Patients who suffer from ulcerative colitis and Crohn disease have abdominal pain, which is the result of distention and inflammation. This type of pain is …..
- With two major abnormalities in copper metabolism, diminished biliary excretion and failure to insert copper into the blood, a positive copper balance is present from birth in children with Wilson disease. The classic presentation of Wilson disease is a triad of neuromuscular abnormalities stemming from brain damage particularly in the: nsg 5003 week 7 quiz