NR 503 Week 6 Assignment, Evaluation of an Epidemiological Disease or Problem – Influenza
This paper should clearly and comprehensively identify the disease or population health problem chosen. The problem … geographic area and a concern for the population you will serve upon graduation with your degree. The paper should … organized into the following sections:
- Introduction with a clear presentation of the problem as well as significance and a scholarly overview of the paper.
- Background of the disease including definition, description ….. local, and national statistics pertaining to the disease. (Include a table of incidence or prevalence rates by your geographic county, state, and national statistics.)
- A review of current surveillance methods and any mandated reporting or methods for reporting the disease for providers.
- Conduct descriptive epidemiology analysis of the disease including who is more affected & characteristics of the population that might help in creating a prevention plan. Include costs (both financial and social) associated with the disease or problem.
- Review how the disease is … national standards for screening or prevention & pick one screening test and review its sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, cost & any current national guide for conducting which patients to conduct this test on.