NR 501 Week 6 Discussion: Borrowed (non-nursing) Theories Applied to the Nursing Profession
While the focus of this course is nursing theory, frequently the use of non-nursing or borrowed theories occurs. Identify your future nursing practice area. Discuss how a specific non-nursing (borrowed) theory has been or could be applied by nurses (specific to practice focus) to effectively deal with an issue. Be sure to provide an example of how the non-nursing theory ….to enhance the selected practice area. Remember to include scholarly reference(s) to support your information.
Potential discussion topic focus areas:
- Nurse educator practice issues: student retention, faculty preparation, critical thinking skills.
- Nurse leaders or nurse managers – administrative issues: staffing, use of supplies, staff performance.
- Family nurse practitioner – clinical practice issues: chronic illness, aging population, social determinants of health.
- Healthcare policy practice issues – environmental health, healthy nurse initiative, childhood obesity.
- Nursing informatics practice issues – ergonomics, project management, staff development nr 501 week 6 discussion