NR 305 Week 6 Assignment, Physical Examination Video Demonstration
- Create a video demonstrating a complete physical examination on a volunteer adult (18 years of age or older) participant. This video should be no longer than 15 minutes.
- Follow this link Physical Examination Video Demonstration Outline (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for an outline of the required elements of the physical examination. Perform the physical examination in the order that is written on this outline. (This is meant to be a general physical examination. Skills that are not include on the outline do not need to be in your video.)
- You may record your video in Kaltura (available to you in the course) or you may use your own phone or other digital camera device. ALL videos must be upload to Kaltura in the course shell for submission. Follow this link for step-by-step directions on how to do this: How to Produce, Upload, and Submit a Video (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- You will need a stethoscope and a pen light to complete this examination.
- Adult participant must remain covered at all times for privacy purposes. Suggested attire for adult participant: tank top and shorts. Instructor must be able to have a clear view of stethoscope placement on the torso. Auscultating over a shirt is acceptable for the purposes of this video. It is suggest that the student wear nursing scrubs and/or a lab coat. Business casual dress is also acceptable.
- Video should be film in a private area with minimal distractions to enhance the evaluator’s ability to hear and see clearly.
- You may not use notes or take notes during this assessment. State your findings within the video. nr 305 week 6