MIS 589 Final Exam Week 8 with Answers
1. (TCO A) A backbone network is
2. (TCO B) With a client-based network, one fundamental problem is that
3. (TCO B) In a client-server network, _____ gets software from different vendors to work together.
4. (TCO C) Which of the following would be considered a type of wireless media?
5. (TCO D) The network architecture component that contains the organization’s servers is called the
6. (TCO D) Technologies that provide higher-speed communications than traditional modems (e.g., DSL) are known as _____ technologies.
7. (TCO E) A(n) _____ is one of the most common examples of redundancy built into a network to help reduce the impact of disruption.
8. (TCO F) Which of the following is not contributing to the dramatic increase in network traffic today?
9. (TCO F) Which of the following would be considered a type of wireless media?
10. (TCO G) _____ refers to managing and documenting the network’s hardware and software configuration.
11. (TCO A) What is a circuit?
12. (TCO B) What is Telnet, and why is it useful?
13. (TCO C) How is TCP different from UDP?
14. (TCO E) What are some of the criteria that can be used to rank security risks?
15. (TCO F) How does MPLS work?
16. (TCO G) Why is the total cost of ownership so high?