MGT 4630 Midterm Exam MGT- 4630 International Business
- Describe the two main facets of globalization. Explain how each of these components of globalization has helped create the shift towards a more integrated world economy.
- Describe the World Trade Organization and its role in international business?
- What is meant by the term “political system?” What are the two related dimensions by which a political system can be assessed?
- Describe the three main legal systems, and for each, give an example of a country that uses such a system.
- Describe what is mean by the term “culture?” Differentiate between the terms culture, values, and norms.
- What are some of the similarities between Islam and Christianity as they relate to the practice of business?
- Identify the most common ethical issues that may arise in the international business setting. Discuss the roots of these issues. Discuss how managers of international firms should address such issues.
- When does free trade occur?
- Describe what is meant by first-mover advantages? mgt 4630 midterm exam
- What is a tariff? Describe the difference between specific tariffs and ad valorem tariffs.
- What is a subsidy? Provide some examples of the forms that subsidies take. How do subsidies help domestic producers?