MGT 4610 Final Exam – Question and Answers
- Identify and discuss the five key dimensions of service quality. Given an example of a service and describe how a customer may define quality along each of these dimensions.
- In addition to focus groups and mail questionnaires, identify other methods that can be used to collect customer service information.
- Discuss how customer relationship management software may assist a firm in understanding its customer needs and preferences, both present and anticipated.
- Contrast the role and function of human resource management under the traditional and TQ approaches.
- Describe the key stages of a team’s life cycle.
- Explain job enlargement, job rotation, and job enrichment. Why are these seen as ways to improve employee satisfaction and productivity?
- Differentiate between value-creation (core) processes and supporting processes. Provide an example of each process.
- Define benchmarking. Identify the three major types of benchmarking and discuss their purposes.mgt 4610 final exam
- Identify the four components of a control system. Provide an example in a manufacturing firm to demonstrate each component. Show in your example why long-term improvements cannot be ….unless the process is …under control.
- Identify four categories of measures that might constitute a Balanced Scorecard of performance measures and provide an example of each.
- What criterion is used to classify a failure cost as “internal” versus “external?” Give three examples of an internal failure cost and three examples of an external failure cost.
- Identify three aspects of managing and using performance data so that it is useful to the organization. Provide an example of each aspect.
- Discuss the two major reasons why companies adopt total quality.
- Discuss the concept of best practices.
- Explain the life cycle of quality initiatives.