MGT 3620 Midterm Exam – MGT 3620 Organizational Behavior
- List and briefly identify the seven foundation competencies that are need by individuals to be successful in most professional and managerial positions.
- Briefly define the dimensions of individualism and collectivism, and give an example of a country that tends to place an emphasis on each.
- Identify and briefly describe what is meant by the “Big Five” personality factors.
- Describe positive emotions and how they affect organizational performance.
- Define perception and briefly list the basic elements in the perceptual process in the order in which they occur.
- Explain why accuracy of judgment in person perception is important in the employment interview. Give an example of a common interview error.
- Differentiate between classical and operant conditioning, and explain the relevance of each to organizational behavior.
- List and explain the basic dimensions of the social learning theory, and describe how these dimensions are ……
- Differentiate between deficiency needs and growth needs in Maslow’s hierarchy.
- Briefly explain the expectancy model of motivation.
- Explain the role of goals and goal setting in organizations.
- Identify the reward systems that organizations use to enhance employee performance, and specify which one is most likely to increase an organization’s profitability.
- Differentiate between the concept of stress and the concept of stressors. mgt 3620 midterm exam
- List and provide an example of each of the three main areas in which the effects of work stress may be manifest in people.
- Briefly identify and explain the relationship between the various approaches available for stress management.