HRM 300 Week 4 Assignment, HR Ethics Scenarios Worksheet
HRM 300 Week 4: The HR Director is having lunch outside the office. She hears a competitor talking about a significant change in their business that could affect the performance of her own firm.
- What is HR’s ethical duty?
- Explain why this may fall under corporate responsibility and insider trading
- What do you do?
- Explain this in the context of the corporate responsibility of conflict of interest.
- Why is it important to investigate and resolve the issue immediately?
- What should the investigation include?
- Does the Drug Free Workplace Act apply here?
- Do you make the person remove them? Why or why not?
- Can the employee file a lawsuit under the Civil Rights Act, Title VII (1964)? Why or why not?
- Explain why the manager might not have a case for making the employee take the quotes down.