HLT 555 Week 7 Assignment, Reducing the Risk of Foodborne Illnesses Paper
HLT 555 Week 7 Assignment, Reducing the Risk of Foodborne Illnesses Presentation
The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Plan (HACCP) is a system used to reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses in the United States. Preventing problems from occurring is the paramount goal underlying any HACCP system. The principles employed in the development of HACCP plans meet the goal of preventing foodborne illnesses.
In a PowerPoint presentation of 5-10 slides, describe the history and application of the HACCP system, addressing the following:
- Provide a brief history of HACCP.
- Describe the steps involved in the development and implementation of a HACCP plan.
- What are the advantages of using HACCP rather than traditional food safety programs in retail food establishments?
- Describe critical control points and critical limits as they are …..in HACCP programs and what happens when there is a deviation.
- Why is monitoring an important step in the HACCP system?
HLT 555 Week 7 Discussion 1: Describe the categories of hazards that may be present in foods and suggest methods for their control and prevention.
HLT 555 Week 7 Discussion 2: How do food recalls contribute to the safety of our nation’s food supply? What do you think are some strengths and weaknesses of this process?