HLT 555 Week 4 Benchmark Assignment, Global Warming and Vector-Borne Disease (Lyme)
HLT555 Week 4 Benchmark Assignment, Global Warming and Vector-Borne Disease (Dengue)
HLT 555 Week 4 Benchmark Assignment, Global Warming and Vector-Borne Disease (Malaria)
In this two-part assignment.
Part 1: Illustration
Illustrate a particular environmental agent and its effect on the environment. You may use a flow chart, diagram, pictorial, or other instructor-approved format. The illustration should show:
- The vector-borne disease.
- The-pathway or chain of the disease.
- The factors that contribute to the spread of the disease.
- The-effect of the disease.
Part 2: Narrative
In a short narrative (750 words maximum), do the following:
- Identify the vector-borne disease.
- Explain in detail the factors contributing to global warming.
- Describe the effect of global warming on the incidence and prevalence of the disease.
- Utilize a minimum of three references to support your claims.
HLT 555 Week 4 Discussion Question 1 and 2
Discussion 1: How do vectors play a role in the transmission of disease? What are some procedures for control and prevention? Provide a specific example.
Discussion 2: Unlike other toxins or contaminants with which the public can come into contact, pesticides are intentionally applied to food, living spaces, and people. What are some of the risk-benefit issues in the application of pesticides? Is the risk justified? Explain your position.