HLT 362V Week 3 Exercise 32
- Do the example data meet the assumptions for the paired samples t-test? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- If calculating by hand, draw the frequency distributions of the two variables. What are the shapes of the distributions? If using SPSS, what are the results of the Shapiro-Wilk tests of normality for the two variables?
- What are the means for the baseline and posttreatment affective distress scores, respectively?
- Is the t-test significant at α = 0.05? Specify how you arrived at your answer.
- If using SPSS, what is the exact likelihood of obtaining a t-test value at least as extreme as or as close to the one that was actually observed, assuming that the null hypothesis is true?
- On average, did the affective distress scores improve or deteriorate over time? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Write your interpretation of the results as you would in an APA-formatted journal.
- What do the results indicate regarding the impact of the rehabilitation on emotional distress levels?
- What are the weaknesses of the design in this example?
hlt 362v week 3