HLT 362V Week 3 Exercise 31
- Do the example data meet the assumptions for the independent samples t-test? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- If calculating by hand, draw the frequency distributions of the dependent variable, wages earned. What is the shape of the distribution? If using SPSS, what is the result of the Shapiro-Wilk test of normality for the dependent variable?
- What are the means for two group’s wages earned?
- What is the independent samples t-test value?
- Is the t-test significant at a = 0.05? Specify how you arrived at your answer.
- If using SPSS, what is the exact likelihood of obtaining a t-test value at least as extreme or as close to the one that was actually observed, assuming that the null hypothesis is true?
- Which group earned the most money post-treatment?
- Write your interpretation of the results as you would in an APA-formatted journal.
- What do the results indicate regarding the impact of the supported employment vocational rehabilitation on wages earned?
- Was the sample size adequate to detect significant differences between the two groups in this example? Provide a rationale for your answer.