ECO 372 Week 4 Team Assignment, Short-Run Economic Fluctuations
Using a firm in either the Transportation or Manufacturing, or Housing Industry, Create a 10-20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that will be presented to the organization’s Executive Committee. The presentation should cover the following items:
- Identify the three key facts about short-run economic fluctuations [the business cycle, using economic terms to describe its pattern] and how the economy in the short run differs from the economy in the long run.
- Explain economic fluctuations and how shifts in either aggregate demand or aggregate supply can cause booms and recessions. Using the model of aggregate demand and aggregate supply.
- Explain how monetary policy affects interest rates and aggregate demand.
- Analyze how fiscal policy affects aggregate demand.
- Evaluate why policymakers face a short-run trade-off between inflation and unemployment