ECH 435 Topic 2 Assignment, Assessment Practices Birth-Pre-K and K-3
Using the readings, design a comparison chart that outlines the assessments for Birth-Pre-K and K-3 children. Be sure to address:
- At least three types of assessment.
- Whether each assessment is formal or informal.
- The use of each assessment (e.g., instruction, strategies, diagnosis of disability).
- In what settings each assessment could be considered valid.
- The importance of evaluating growth and development.
- The accurate reporting of student progress.
- How measurements and evaluations are ….for each assessment.
ECH 435 Topic 2 Discussion Question 1
What is the role of the regular education teacher in the special education referral and evaluation process? Why is it important to have a regular education teacher on the team?
ECH435 Topic 2 Discussion Question 2
Examine two developmental tests for young children discussed in chapter 2 of the text. Describe the similarities and differences between the two assessments.