CIS 512 Week 10 Term Paper, Virtualization
Imagine that the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of your organization, or of an organization in which you are familiar, has tasked you with researching the potential for using virtualization in the organization. You must write a report that the CTO and many others within the organization will read. You must also summarize the paper and share your key ideas, via a PowerPoint presentation, with the CTO and steering committee of the organization.
This paper and presentation should enlighten the organization as to whether or not virtualization is a worthwhile investment that could yield eventual savings to the organization.
CIS 512 Week 10 Term Paper Section 1: Written Report
- Write an six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the top three (3) brands of virtualization software available. Focus your efforts on components such as standard configuration, hardware requirements price, and associated costs.
- Examine the major pros and major cons of each of the top three (3) software packages available. Recommend the virtualization software that you feel is most appropriate for the organization. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
- Explore the major advantages and major disadvantages that your chosen organization may experience when using virtualization software. Give your opinion on whether or not you believe virtualization software is the right fit for your chosen company. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Create a Microsoft Word table that identifies the advantages, disadvantages, computer requirements, initial costs, and future savings for an organization considering an engagement in virtualization.
CIS 510 Week 10 Term Paper Section 2: PowerPoint Presentation
- Create a twelve (12) to sixteen (16) slide PowerPoint in which you:
- Illustrate the concepts from your written report in Section 1 of this assignment.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for your presentation to the CTO and steering committee in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established throughout this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
cis 512 week 10 term paper