BUS 644 Week 4 Assignment, Beck Manufacturing and Plant Capacity
Beck Manufacturing has 5 Operational work stations. They are Milling, Grinding, Boring, Drilling and Assembly. The one work station that can easily be adjusted according to the engineering department is the assembly station. The Milling station has 5 machines that can produce 2 pieces per minute. The Grinding department has 7 machines can produce 3 pieces per minute. The Boring department can produce 1 piece per minute. The Drilling department has 6 machines that can produce 2.5 pieces per minute………..Continued (03 Pages with References)
BUS644 Week 4 Discussion 1, Process Selection Product Design and Capacity
How is process selection related to product design and capacity determination? Your initial post should be 200-250 words.
BUS 644 Week 4 Discussion 2, Monique Food Processing Company and Capacity
Read Problem 6: The “Monique Food Processing Company” in Chapter 8 of your text.
Monique Food Processing Company produces light snacks that can be heated in a microwave. The following steps are included in the process:
|2||Measure and place in plastic pouch||175|
|3||Prepare cardboard box||200|
|4||Insert pouch into box||300|
- What is the system capacity, and which is the bottleneck department?
- How much slack (unused capacity) is available in other departments?
- How much system capacity can be gained by adding capacity to the bottleneck?
- What are the key factors that determine when to add capacity?
- Why would an organization want to reduce its capacity?