BUS 372 Module 4
BUS 372 Module 4 ASSIGNMENT, SPONSORSHIP DECK
Sponsors are critical to the success of most sports events because they are one of the major means used for generating revenue, both monetary and through “in kind” donations. The ability to obtain sponsors is a critical skill, and the ability to effectively pitch your event or organization to potential sponsors will help to ensure your success in the sports management industry.
As you plan your event, obtaining sponsors can help you gain necessary resources, both monetary and goods in kind. For this assignment, you will create a sponsorship deck. That you can use to pitch your event to potential event sponsors. The presentation should be completed as a Power Point presentation of 8-12 slides, so it can be easily shared with potential sponsors. The presentation should include the following information.
- Event Title and Tagline and related logo/graphic.
- Event-Overview: provides specific event information and introduces the event organizer and the organization benefiting from the event.
- Event date, time, and location and related graphic.
- Information related to cause or organization that will benefit from your event.
- Event differentiator: explain what makes your event a unique opportunity for the potential sponsor to engage with the community and benefactor. Include information about the event target market to establish how sponsorship can connect the company to potential customers.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: include the benefits that the event can provide to the sponsor. Along with what you are seeking from the sponsor as part of the partnership.
- Branding Specifics: include details about how the sponsor will be recognized through event signage, promotional materials, and during the event.
- Call to action: tell the potential sponsor how to become involved with your event and offer them a specific option for collaborating with you. Provide contact information for the event organizer.
BUS 372 Module 4 DISCUSSION QUESTION 1
Sponsorship can take many different forms besides cash donations. What is “sponsorship in kind”? List three examples of this type of sponsorship that you could pursue as a means of enhancing or effectively executing your event.
BUS 372 Topic 4 DISCUSSION QUESTION 2
Using the Sports Business Journal or another industry resource, find a relevant article that discusses how a specific controversy or event negatively affected a sponsorship deal. Summarize the article and include a link to it. Explain whether you agree with the sponsor’s decision and justify you stance on the issue.