BUS 372 Module 2
BUS 372 Module 2 ASSIGNMENT, EVENT COORDINATOR INTERVIEW
The purpose of this assignment is for you to talk with the event coordinator to learn about the general nature of the sports related event you have selected. You will use the information gained from the interview to help you assume the role of event planner for the Event Planning Project and complete the related assignments.
The questions on the “Event Coordinator Interview” handout can be used as a guide as you conduct your interview. Submit the interview questions and responses to your instructor using a Word document. Submit a copy of the “Event Participation” handout signed by the event coordinator with your interview.
Whether you are conducting your interview in person or via the telephone or some other means of media, please remember that you are considered a guest. The event coordinator has taken time out of his or her schedule to honor your request. As a result, please maintain professional behavior at all times as a representative of Grand Canyon University (GCU).
If meeting in person, including a teleconference with camera:
- Dress in professional business attire and be neat in appearance. Request feedback from others if uncertain about acceptable attire and appearance befitting the interview.
- Identify exact time and location of the meeting. Plan to arrive between 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled start.
- Have supplies available to take notes during the meeting.
- Remember to smile and display a positive disposition.
- Be respectful and considerate during the meeting. Turn cell phone off or leave it behind. Read each question carefully and be sure to make appropriate eye contact. Allow sufficient time for a response and be sure not to talk over the person you interview.
If Meeting Via Telephone:
- Make sure you have a quiet place to converse for the interview. Notify roommates and others that you have a meeting to conduct for 30-60 minutes.
- Plan to be …..for the telephone call between 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled start. Have supplies available to take notes during the meeting.
- Introduce yourself by name and as a GCU student.
- Be respectful and considerate during the meeting.
- Once the interview is complete, thank him/her for his/her time.
BUS 372 Topic 2 DISCUSSION QUESTION 1
Create a list that outlines at least five of the expenses and 3-5 forms of revenue you anticipate for the event you are planning. Be sure to include a brief summary of the event followed by the list of specific expenses and revenue forms. Research each expense and revenue form and estimated the dollars you will spend on expenses along with the amount of revenue you predict you can generate for each form of revenue. Review your classmates’ lists and comment on additions they could make based on items they may have overlooked or not considered. Share findings from your research that may be helpful to others.
BUS 372 Module 2 DISCUSSION QUESTION 2
Navigating Faith and Work: As an event planner, you are trusted to be the steward of another’s resources. It is the responsibility of the event planner to be financially responsible and utilize every dollar with the utmost care. Matthew 25:46 reminds us that the faithful and wise servant is placed in responsibility over the house. Using these ideas and principles along with the Topic Materials, identify and describe key cost control measures that sports event managers can practice. Provide two concrete examples that you intend to implement as you plan your event.