BUS 310 Week 9 Chapter 12 Quiz 8 (Questions and Answers)
- Workers who were employed in factories that made insulation containing asbestos breathed in tiny particles of the material, causing a very serious occupational illness. Asbestos particles in the air constitute.
- In 2002, a Cargill employee accidentally died on the job. If OSHA finds that Cargill is guilty of a major violation of safety regulations, then Cargill may
- Which of the following can actually reduce experience stress?
- When Guy uses cancer-causing chemical solvents to clean machinery at his auto body and paint shop, he wears thick rubber gloves, rubber boots, and a breathing mask. Guy is
- What federal agency enforces the Occupational Safety and Health Act?
- Which of the following is a personal action of individual employees that can be a common workplace hazard?
- U.S. Marines that are deployed bring with them a medical unit that includes specialists in managing and controlling the effects of stress. This is an example of a(n)
- Which of the following individual traits would likely improve a person’s response to stress?
- Redesigning the workplace to be less stressful would be considered a(n) ____ program
- ____ are individuals who carefully examine the safety elements of the workplace and advance solutions to safety problems
- The stressors associated with getting along with coworkers would likely be….
- The ____ Act of 1970 is a comprehensive law that enforces safety in organizations bus 310 week 9 quiz
- Which of the following is a difference between health hazards and safety hazards?
- In her job as a flight attendant, Courtney must be on her feet for long periods of time, lift baggage and push food carts, and spend a lot of time in crowded, poorly ventilated, noisy jets. Courtney experiences high levels of ____ demands on her job.
- A construction company has determined that some of its organizational practices can cause serious health hazards to its employees. Besides changing some of these practices, the company needs to
bus 310 week 9 quiz