FIN 515 Week 8, Final Exam 4
FIN 515 Final Exam
1. (TCO A) Which of the following statements is NOT correct?
2. (TCO F) Which of the following statements is correct?
3. (TCO D) The Ackert Company's last dividend was $1.55. The dividend growth rate is expected to be constant at 1.5% for 2 years, after which dividends are expected to grow at a rate of 8.0% forever. The firm's required return (rs) is 12.0%. What is the best estimate of the current stock price?
4. (TCO G) The ABC Corporation's budgeted monthly sales are $4,000. In the first month, 40% of its customers pay and take the 3% discount. The remaining 60% pay in the month following the sale and don't receive a discount. ABC's bad debts are very small and are excluded from this analysis.
Purchases for next month's sales are constant each month at $2,000. Other payments for wages, rent, and taxes are constant at $500 per month.
Construct a single month's cash budget with the information given. What is the average cash gain or (loss) during a typical month for the ABC Corporation?
5. (TCO G) Clayton Industries is planning its operations for next year, and Ronnie Clayton, the CEO, wants you to forecast the firm's additional funds needed (AFN). The firm is operating at full capacity. Data for use in your forecast are shown below. Based on the AFN equation, what is the AFN for the coming year? Dollars are in millions.
1. (TCO H) The Dewey Corporation has the following data, in thousands. Assuming a 365-day year, what is the firm's cash conversion cycle?
Annual sales = $31,500
Annual cost of goods sold = $4,000
Inventory = $ 2,000
Accounts receivable = $ 2,400
Accounts payable = $45,000
3. (TCO E) Daves Inc. recently hired you as a consultant to estimate the company's WACC. You have obtained the following information. (1) The firm's noncallable bonds mature
in 20 years, have an 8.00% annual coupon, a par value of $1,000, and a market price of $1,050.00. (2) The company's tax rate is 40%. (3) The risk-free rate is 4.50%, the market risk premium is 5.50%, and the stock's beta is 1.20. (4) The target capital structure consists of 35% debt and the balance is common equity. The firm uses the CAPM to estimate the cost of common stock, and it does not expect to issue any new shares. What is its WACC?
4. (TCO B) Leak Inc. forecasts the free cash flows (in millions) shown below. If the weighted average cost of capital is 11% and FCF is expected to grow at a rate of 5% after Year 2, what is the Year 0 value of operations, in millions? Assume that the ROIC is expected to remain constant in Year 2 and beyond (and do not make any half-year adjustments).
Year: 1 2
Free cash flow: -$50 $100
5. (TCO G) Based on the corporate valuation model, the value of a company's operations is $900 million. Its balance sheet shows $70 million in accounts receivable, $50 million in inventory, $30 million in short-term investments that are unrelated to operations, $20 million in accounts payable, $110 million in notes payable, $90 million in long-term debt, $20 million in preferred stock, $140 million in retained earnings, and $280 million in total common equity. If the company has 25 million shares of stock outstanding, what is the best estimate of the stocks price per share?